Hot chocolate is a fun, engaging mini-unit that can be used during the winter season. Use it as a thematic center as part of a winter unit.
The packet includes:
• Hot Chocolate Writing Paper
Writing paper for open-ended hot chocolate writing activities.
• Hot Chocolate Bingo
• How many words can you make from the letters in Hot Chocolate?
Cut the letters out and use them to make words from the letters in “Hot Chocolate.” Write the words in the space provided.
• Hot Chocolate Word Search
Circle given words in the grid.
• Hot Cocoa Acrostic Poem
Write a word or phrase that starts with each of the letters in Hot Cocoa and describes hot cocoa.
• How to Make Hot Chocolate
Write 3 steps that describe how to make hot chocolate. Draw pictures to illustrate the steps.
• Take a Survey – “Do you like marshmallows in your hot chocolate?” Take a survey and use the data to complete a tally chart and bar graph showing how many students like marshmallows in their hot chocolate and how many do not. Write about the data.
• Think as You Drink Hot Chocolate
This is an activity that students can do as they drink a cup of hot chocolate. They think about and fill in the blanks to describe the hot chocolate. You may want to have students bring in a mug or cup from home for this activity.
• Warming Up My Senses
Students use their senses (sight, smell, touch, taste) to describe drinking a cup of hot chocolate.
• Hot Chocolate Word Fun! Booklet
Read, draw, and trace to complete a booklet of words associated with hot chocolate.
• A Recipe for Hot Chocolate
Complete a recipe card with ingredients and directions for making hot chocolate.
• Hot Chocolate Craft/Booklet
This hot chocolate craft can be used as a cover for a Hot Chocolate booklet or used with a hot chocolate writing activity to display on a bulletin board.
Includes graphics &/or fonts copyright Dianne J. Hook. www.djinkers.com. License #: 12159215601.
View the Preview
for a detailed look at what's included in the packet.
You may also like:
I Love Winter Literacy and Math
Winter Literacy Centers
Winter Math Centers First Grade
Winter Writing for Firsties
Winter Writing for Kinders
Winter Writing for Second Graders
Winter Word Cards
Happy New Year!
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Click on Follow Me
to follow my store for updates and new products. You can find it under my store name.
Thank you for visiting my store!
First Grade Schoolhouse