How to Play
1. Program the cards with decodable words. Gather a bunch of objects to be used as marshmallows (cotton balls, white cubes).
2. Set a goal for a number of marshmallows to be earned.
3. On their turn, players are shown a card and asked to read it. If they read it correctly, they are given a “marshmallow”. If they do not read it correctly, support them in making each sound in order, then blending the sounds into a word.
4. Play until everyone earns all of their marshmallows. Support as needed for success.
5. Celebrate class success at the end of the week with a hot cocoa party!