Hot Cocoa Write the Room (Ten Frames 1-20) Winter ---
This resource includes four pages of numbered hot cocoa cards in color with a total of 20 cards. Each numbered card has a ten frame(s) filled in with black dots to represent each number 1-20. Teachers should copy the cards on cardstock (for durability and saving for future years) or plain paper, laminate (if desired), cut apart, and then post the cards around the room. If you don't want students walking around the room, the cards can be put in a center such as at the writing center or in a pocket chart.
Depending on how many cards you want to use or depending on what numbers you are working on, you can post/use cards with ten frames 1-10, 11-20, or 1-20.
There are two recording sheets. One is for cards for ten frames 1-10 and one is for cards with ten frames 11-20. Students can complete one or both recording sheets when in their center.
Students will get a recording sheet with boxes to write 10 numbers or both recording sheets can be stapled together when working on all 20 numbers. Students will roam the room to find the cards. After finding a card, the student will look at the number on the card, find the matching number on their recording sheet, and write the number (numeral) to match the ten frame on the card. Example: Card number one has a ten frame showing eight black dots, so students will write the number (numeral) 8 on their recording sheet in the number one box.
Answer keys are provided for the recording sheets either as a self-check for students or for the teacher to have an answer key to quickly check papers.
***There are eight total pages including two answer keys: 4 hot cocoa card pages, 2 recording sheets, and 2 answer keys to recording sheets.
The PREVIEW shows every page included.
This activity is great for a math center.
I hope your students have fun with this "Write the Room" activity for ten frames.
You may also like:
Write the Room
Hearts Write the Room (Missing Numbers 0-10)
Winter Write the Room (Addition to 5)
Winter Write the Room (Counting Sets 1-20)
Snowman Write the Room (Ten Frames 1-20)
Hearts Write the Room (CVC Words)
Snowman Write the Room (CVC Words)
1. Ten Frames 0-10 Winter (Fill in the Ten Frames)
2. Ten Frames 0-10 Winter
3. Ten Frames 11-20 Winter
1. Sight Words (Match & Write)
2. Pocket Chart Sentences (I-see-a)
Literacy & Math
1. Winter Print & Learn Literacy & Math-Kindergarten
2. Morning Work (February)
Numbers and Number Words
1. Numbers and Sets to 10 Winter
2. Write Numbers 0-20
3. Mittens Numbers and Number Words Sequencing
4. Penguins Numbers and Number Words Sequencing
5. Snowman Numbers and Number Words Sequencing
6. Number Sequencing 0-20 Hearts (February)
1. Emergent Reader: Mittens (Ten Frames and Number Words)
2. Emergent Reader: Snowflakes
3. Emergent Reader: Hearts
4. Emergent Reader: The Party (February)
Reading & Writing
1. Scrambled Sentences (February)
2. February Words Book (Sentence Writing)
3. Fix It Up Sentences (February)
4. Snowman Read and Write
5. Winter Read and Write
Addition & Subtraction
1. Addition Numbers and Number Words Cut and Paste (Sums to 10 and 20)
2. Subtraction Word Problems (February)
3. February Addition Story Problems Book (Sums to 10)
4. February Subtraction Story Problems Book (From 10)
5. Addition Word Problems (February)
6. Subtraction Problems with Manipulatives (February)
7. Addition Problems with Manipulatives (February)
1. Writing Through the Year
2. Writing Center Packet (February)
3. Winter Words (Sentence Writing)
4. Opinion Writing: 100th Day of School
5. Opinion Writing: Holidays
6. Opinion Writing: Favorite Valentine Gift
7. Opinion Writing: Polar Animals
1. Beginning Sounds (February)
1. Direction Pictures (Chevron)
Please visit me at:
Thanks for stopping by.