Hot Topics Class Discussion Assignment
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Oral Presentations and Public Speaking Bundle: Get your students excited about oral presentations! Teaching students how to create an engaging oral presentation is an important life skill. Students will practice their oral presentation skills for these assignments: Current Events News Assignment, HoPrice $9.99Original Price $15.00Save $5.01
- Teachers do not spend your weeknights and weekends planning out your Grade 7 English Language Arts program. Use this all in one Grade 7 Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle as your ready-to-go ELA program. The bundle contains 90+ resources for teaching Reading, Writing, SpeakiPrice $269.99Original Price $337.08Save $67.09
Hot Topics Class Discussion Assignment | PDF and Digital Formats: Use this Hot Topics Oral Presentation Assignment to engage your students in current issues and events. Try this no prep, print and go, Hot Topics Class Discussion Assignment. This oral presentation assignment can be used with any type of non-fiction text, news broadcast, documentary or video on any topic in the content areas e.g. Science, Math, History, Geography, World News. Teachers are provided with a gradual release framework (I Do, We Do, You Do) to scaffold this assignment for students.
This assignment contains:
- A detailed teacher lesson plan explaining how to use this strategy in guided practice - modelled, shared and independent.
- Sample Hot Topics
- Student Assignment Sheet
- Graphic Organizers
- Oral presentation rubric
- Step by steps student instructions on how to create classroom discussion questions on the chosen hot topic
- "LOVE this! My students constantly discuss hot topics in class and I love using this to bring it into practical use and research.
- The organizers are great!"
- "Thanks for the assignment! It is a fantastic way to keep the kids informed of the current events while hitting curriculum expectations!"
- “Great product for use in any class! Easy to use!”
- "Great resource! I can't wait to use this for my Social Skills class as a way to get my students talking!"
Other Oral Presentations Resources: