Also included in
- Oral Presentations and Public Speaking Bundle: Teaching students how to create an engaging oral presentation is an important life skill. Students will practice their oral presentation skills for these assignments: Current Events News Assignment, Hot Topics Debate Assignment, Book Talks, and a Rant W$9.99$15.00Save $5.01
Hot Topics Class Discussion Assignment | PDF and Digital Formats: Do you want your students to be informed and engaged about important social issues in any content area? Try this no prep, print and go, Hot Topics Class Discussion Assignment.
This can be used with any type of non-fiction text, news broadcast, documentary or video on any topic in the content areas e.g. Science, Math, History, Geography, World News. Teachers are provided with a gradual release framework to scaffold this assignment for students.
This assignment is also part of a larger bundled resource.
This assignment contains:
- A detailed teacher lesson plan explaining how to use this strategy in guided practice - modelled, shared and independent.
- Sample Hot Topic practice
- Student assignment sheet and graphic organizers
- Oral presentation rubrics
- Step by steps student instructions on how to create classroom discussion questions on the chosen hot topic
- "LOVE this! My students constantly discuss hot topics in class and I love using this to bring it into practical use and research.
- The organizers are great!"
- "Thanks for the assignment! It is a fantastic way to keep the kids informed of the current events while hitting curriculum expectations!"
- “Great product for use in any class! Easy to use!”
- "Great resource! I can't wait to use this for my Social Skills class as a way to get my students talking!"