Help your students become responsible for all of the theme concepts that are focused in each story. This download is for the entire year of Houghton Mifflin Reading Series for the 2nd grade, covering Themes 1 - 6. This is 261 pages long. This is a digital download you can print and bind as a book or use as handouts. This is used in a ELA Focus Folder in my classroom. This is standards based and follows your theme standards. ach theme contains multiple stories. My students work on these as a whole group and then independently in literacy centers. This can be used as a portfolio and can be modifed to reach all learners. This is a complete Theme Focus packet to use with Houghton Mifflin Reading Series for Second Grade. The packet allows students to record and work on EACH of the focus skills for Themes 1-6. The preview is modified to only include a sample page for each theme focus. Each story or selection within the Themes 1-6 Focus includes the following:
1. Selection Title, Author, Illustrator and Genre
2. Comprehension Skill and Comprehension Strategy
3. High Frequency Words, Grammar Skill and Vocabulary Skill
4. Phonics Library recording sheet for title and author of each phonics library story for the selection
5. Phonics Library Comprehension Questions
7. Spelling Word Sort
8. Key Vocabulary
9. Writing Focus written specifically to each selection.
I have each theme available for individual sale at $5.00 each. Save $10.00 when your purchase for the entire year!
Please feel free to email with any questions