A thematic dialogue that provides review of daily household chores as well as job skills at an advanced level. This interactive conversation will provide your students with dozens of variations where the interaction takes place between a teenager and their neighbor who will be away on vacation and needs a house sitter. As per the requirements of the course for communicative tasks, students create and write in their own questions and responses using scripted lines as prompts. The dialogue integrates multiple topics and will be a big hit with your classes as well as providing you with a dynamic tool for end of the unit or end of the year reviews. All worksheet practice activities can be modified for oral conversation, written practice and testing.
What is included:
• Two interactive dialogues (Written only in Spanish) with open-ended expressions and vocabulary (Over 40 lines of interactive communication per person formatted for use in a 3-ring-binder, composition or interactive notebook (learning folder)
• Open-ended interactive fill-in dialogue worksheets (different formatting and spacing options)
• Sample questions and responses
• Image prompt cards (formatted for seatwork or display on document camera or smart board)
• Bilingual word bank; chore verbs
• Several weeks of daily lesson suggestions
• Instructions and procedures
• Several scoring rubric samples for verbal interaction and testing
The dialogues consists of two columns. Column A is scripted with personalized fill-in sections. Column B is blank and based on the requirements of the scoring rubric, the student supplies the missing half of the conversation. The accompanying worksheets will guide the student to personalize, adapt and create multiple interactions and provide opportunity for your students to practice real-world conversations.
Essential Skill Practice:
- Occupational skills and abilities
- Multiple verb tenses
- Chores and responsibilities topic vocabulary and verbs
- Prepositional expressions
- Transitional phrases
- Rhythm and flow of speech patterns
- Formal V.S. Informal
The “House Sitting For The Neighbor” dialogue and worksheets is a stand-alone activity however if you would like additional support materials, please see my other related resources below. Maestra Mapache Creations has coordinated these collections of vocabulary, dialogues, worksheets and images to be your versatile tool for both verbal and written activities. Enrich your current curriculum units and put valuable time back in your hands.
Thank you so much for returning to my store. With this product as well as all of Maestra Mapache's activities, you are receiving a multi-use product that will give you opportunity to reuse in new ways again and again.
All About Me Bilingual Dialogue
Home Topic Chores and Responsibilities Vocabulary Thematic Reference
Home Topic Simple Questions and Responses
In The Airport Thematic Dialogue
Rooms of the Home Clipart Images