Added to this resource on 8/25/2017, is an EDITABLE PowerPoint presentation for use during your house sorting ceremony AND images for all house crests for use in Class Dojo.
After being inspired by the House Sorting System used at the Ron Clark Academy, I decided to implement it in my fourth grade classroom. I proceeded to conduct extensive research on what types of houses I wanted my students to be a part of along with the symbolic representation of each house as shown through house colors, spirit animals, missions, mottos, personality traits, and quotes. The result of that research was the creation of this House Sorting System Guide. I hope you will be able to use it to implement the house system in your classrooms as well.
In this resource you will find…
• Introduction to the Houses
• House Descriptions with Crests
• How to Sort Students into Houses
• Personality Quiz with 12 Questions
• Understanding the Personality Quiz Results
• How to Award House Points
• Possible Rewards for Winning Houses
• Ideas for Classroom Implementation
• Printables for the Classroom
Printables includes in the main file include:
• Personality Quiz Results Chart
• Record of House Points Chart
• House Crests (Full Page and Four Per Page)
• House Missions
• House Quotes (Full Page)
**Please note that this resource does contain a 12 question Personality Quiz that may be used to determine the house students belong to most.
In addition to this, a PowerPoint presentation is included which you may use to introduce the entire House System to your students. Please note that you will need PowerPoint to view this file. This PowerPoint presentation is NOT EDITABLE and only includes images of each slide.
Thank you for taking the time to consider my resource for your classroom needs.