This lesson is for adult ESL students to learn vocabulary and language for describing houses and apartments. It is best for elementary level students.
This lesson includes:
* Your home -- Describing your home
* Whole house -- Describing rooms and furniture in a typical house.
* Descriptions of the rooms, furnishings, etc. for the following rooms and areas:
* Vocabulary is taught using pictures, sentence completion, and matching exercises.
* Includes exercises using object locations -- next to, between, in front of etc.
* Includes exercises using "Is there a..." and "Are there any..." questions and answers.
* Many exercises include writing simple full sentence answers.
* Each section includes two or more exercises and an answer key.
* 22 exercises total plus answer keys are included.
This lesson includes 6 teacher's pages with suggested conversation questions and notes that can be used in this lesson at the teacher's discretion. The questions are not included in the students' pages, so the teacher can use the questions that are most appropriate for the students. The questions and notes are arranged and labelled to match the different sections of the lesson.
The product is downloaded as a zip file and all pages are pdf files.