Every single student needs to understand how credit cards work. Financial Responsibility is so important! This 1-week unit will introduce students to critical concepts and credit card lingo.
This unit includes:
* Common Core State Standards for Math and Social Studies Grade 6 - 8
* Essential Questions
* Learning Targets
* History of Credit Cards (installment buying in the 1920s, Roaring Twenties, post WWI)
* Credit Card Benefits and Limitations
* Credit vs. Debit
* Credit Card Lingo (Vocabulary)
* Word Search
* 2 Credit Card Math Activities (students make a purchase, then calculate their monthly balance and interest accrued
* Anatomy of a Credit Card (all of the critical parts of the physical card)
* Final Reflection Questions (students refer to their activities and decide if/how they could have lowered their payments, the costs and benefits of a credit card, etc.)
* Answer Keys are also included.
I guarantee, your students will NOT forget this unit!
Please download and and enjoy!
© 2013 Kristen Dembroski. All rights reserved. Purchase of this unit entitles the purchaser only the right to reproduce the pages in limited quantities for classroom use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden.
Copying any part of this product and placing it on the internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). These items can be located in a Google search and then shared worldwide for free.