This language based book companion
is the prefect compliment to the book How Do Dinosaurs Say I'm Mad
by Jane Yolen. Using this companion pack you can easily address 9 different language skills
, such as tier 1 and 2 vocabulary, sequencing, comprehension, and many more! With the purchase of this companion you will receive both a full color version as well as a black/white version. You get to pick and choose which version or portions of the versions you use.
Here's what's included:
→ Story Elements ←
• 1 graphic organizer including characters, setting, problem, and solution
→ Vocabulary ←
• 7 Tier 1 Vocabulary Picture Cards
• 7 Tier 2 Vocabulary Cards with definition
• 7 Tier 2 Vocabulary Cards (same words as above) without definitions
→ Sequencing/Retell ←
• 1 Sequencing Mat
• 9 Visuals for the Sequencing Mat
→ Comprehension Questions ←
• 11 Comprehension Question Cards without answer choices
• 7 Comprehension Question Cards with answer choices in a field of 3
→ Yes/No Questions ←
• 17 Yes/No Question Cards with a prompt to prompt problem solving for older students.
→ Nouns ←
• 10 Singular/Plural Noun Picture Cards
→ Verbs ←
• 16 Regular/Irregular Past Tense/Present Tense Verb Picture Cards
→ Emotions ←
• 7 emotion visual cards containing a picture of the emotion and a list of typical facial markers
→ How Would You Feel? ←
• 23 “How would you feel?” cards with a short situation. Tell how you would feel in each situation.
→ How Big is the Problem? ←
• 2 visuals (one large and one small) to help your students determine if the problems are big problems, medium problems or little problems
• 22 activity cards with a problem scenario for your students to determine an appropriate solution.
→ Calm Down Visual ←
• 1 visual to help your students calm down when they are mad or upset
✎ Please note: The Speech Owl is in no way affiliated with this book or the author, Jane Yolen. You must purchase this book separately.
The Three Little Fish and The Big Bad Shark Book Companion for Language
Big Bug Surprise: A Book Companion for Language
How I Became A Pirate: A Book Companion For Language
Mrs. McNosh Hangs Up Her Wash: A Book Companion for Speech and Language
☛ Please feel free to ask any questions you may have before purchasing! ☚
★ Also, follow my store to receive notifications when I post new products. New products are 50% off for the first 48 hours after they are posted.
☑ Don't forget to leave feedback to receive credits towards future purchases!
The Speech Owl