Students are given two investigative questions:
(1) If both taste and smell are processed in the same part of my brain, do I need to be able to smell my food in order to taste it?
(2) Is each taste bud on my tongue able to detect multiple chemicals or are there different types of taste buds that each pick up a different type of chemical?
They work collaboratively to determine the variables, make a prediction, hypothesis, and general procedure to test these two questions with yummy food!
Other Great Products:
• Phases of Matter Gallery Walk
• Physical Versus Chemical Properties Gallery Walk
• Pandemic: How Fast Can You Spread Your Disease to the Whole World?
• Baby in A Bag: A Differentiated Guide to The NGSS Standard of Heredity
• A Minute In The Life of A Blood Cell
• Life Inside Your Digestive System Creative Writing Assignment
• Build An Imaginary Animal Brain
• The Dastardly Density Deed: A Differentiated Student Guide to Layering Liquids
• Up Up AWAY: Using Knowledge of the Phases of Matter to Launch a Bottle Rocket
• How Do I Know The Flavor Of My Food? An Inquiry Into Your Sense of Smell
• Saving Humpty Dumpty: An Introduction to the Skeletal System
Product download information:
This product download is a digital file. If you need help opening or printing a file, please refer to tech help within TpT
>>>>OR for corrected printing<<<<
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
**Don’t Miss Out On Teachers Pay Teachers Credits! After reviewing this product, I would love to hear how much you and your students like it!**