This activity is designed to provide practice with final consonant
blends in words. Students sometimes focus so much on the
beginning of a word that they don’t read through the word. This
packet will require students to look at the whole word.
The activities in this packet are appropriate for literacy centers,
independent work, small group practice, or for homework. Students
match the word beginnings and endings cards to make 18 real
words. A recording sheet is provided if you wish to have the students
write their answers for documentation.
Two bonus activities are included.
- Arrange the words in alphabetical order (recording sheet provided)
- Identify the sets of rhyming words within the newly formed words
(recording sheet provided)
- Print the pages that you will use. (Cardstock holds up well.)
- Laminate the pages/pieces that students will be handling.
- Store the pieces in a resealable bag.
- Use a pocket folder or manila envelope for game storage.
- Use the title page for the front cover.
. cover page
. student directions
. 3 sorting mats
. 18 word beginning cards
. 18 word ending cards
. word formation recording sheet
. a, b, c order recording sheet
. rhyming words recording sheet
. answer key
. teacher notes
Graphics by ScrappinDoodles and Kindergarten Works Graphics
How Does It End
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License