Question sets to accompany each episode of How Earth Made Us, a miniseries which also goes by the title How the Earth Changed History. The question sets work with streaming, DVD, and Blu-ray versions of all episodes. .
How Earth Made Us | How the Earth Changed History
- Deep Earth | Beneath the Crust [40 questions]
- Water | Water World [40 questions]
- Wind | The Skies Above [35 questions]
- Fire | The Gift of Fire [38 questions]
- Human Planet | The Human Era [34 questions]
Lessons of Phyz advantages:
- A heavy font ensures high legibility even in dim lighting
- Questions are designed to be answered while the video plays—quick, simple responses keep students engaged without requiring deep reflection that would take them out of the presentation
- Question types are mixed: fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, check lists, and short answer are common; in some cases, matching or list-making.
- Certain moments in a documentary merit undivided attention. No questions have been placed in those moments.
- "Play to the buzzer": Whenever possible, the last question in the set is answered during the last seconds of the video.
- I am a classroom teacher who has used these resources in the classroom.
- If you find competing products online, by all means check them out. They may be cheaper; they may be free. None of them will be as professional, polished, or classroom-ready as this one.
The zipped folder contains PDFs of student sheets and the answer keys.