This packet is a perfect companion to be used with the book "How I Became A Pirate"
by Melinda Long and David Shannon. This book companion addresses multiple language goals
including but not limited to comprehension, vocabulary, grammar, following directions, and describing. The activities included are created specifically for language intervention, but can be used within the classroom or literacy centers as well.
When you purchase "How I Became A Pirate: A Book Companion for Language" you will receive BOTH a color version as well as a black and white version. You decide which version works best for you and your printer!
Here's what's included
→ Story Elements ←
• Graphic organizer to identify the title, author, characters, setting, problems, and solutions.
→ Vocabulary Cards ←
• 11 Tier 1 vocabulary cards
• 7 Tier 2 vocabulary cards and 7 Tier 2 fill in the definition cards: Cut out the cards and use them to teach vocabulary. Allow your students to label or define the words/pictures.
→ Object Functions (Receptive and Expressive) ←
• 11 receptive object function cards with answers in a field of 3
• 8 expressive object function cards
→ Comprehension Questions ←
• 23 comprehension questions including who, what, where, when, why and how.
→ Yes/No Questions ←
• 15 yes/no questions: Perfect for your younger or lower level kids who aren’t quite ready for expressive comprehension questions.
→ Positional Concepts ←
• 11 receptive positional cards: Show your students what each positional word looks like.
• 8 expressive labeling cards: Tell where the pirate is located.
→ Pronouns ←
• 11 pronoun cards with picture and sentence prompts: Complete the sentence with the correct pronoun.
→ Regular Plural Nouns ←
• 11 different noun cards with pictures and sentence prompts: Complete the sentence with the correct plural noun.
→ Regular/Irregular Past Tense Verbs ←
• 13 different verb cards with pictures and sentence prompts: Complete the sentence with the correct past tense verb.
→ Following Directions ←
• 11 one step direction cards
• 12 two step direction cards
• 12 conditional direction cards
→ Synonyms ←
• 16 synonym expressive labeling cards: Name a synonym of the word on the card.
→ Antonyms ←
• 16 antonym expressive labeling cards: Name an antonym of the word on the card.
→ Attributes/Describing ←
• 8 graphic organizers: Each organizer contains different pirate related objects.
→ Compare/Contrast ←
• Example graphic organizer and 4 graphic organizers: Each organizer contains the pirate related objects in the attributes/describing task.
→ Writing Promptst ←
• 3 writing prompts (each with a boy and a girl version);
“If I were a pirate...”,
“I want to be a pirate because...”
“I don’t want to be a pirate because...”
→ Compare and Contrast Yourself ←
• Graphic organizer to compare yourself with a pirate(boy and girl themed page)
→ ”ARRR”Tic ←
• 11 initial /r/ words
• 11 medial /r/ words
• 11 final /r/ words
• 11 /r/ blend words
• game board to race to the treasure chest with the articulation cards.
→ You may also like these vocabulary products: ←
The Three Little Fish And The Big Bad Shark: Book Companion For Language
When The Leaf Blew In: A Book Companion For Language
How Do Dinosaurs Say I'm Mad? A Book Companion for Language and Social Skills
Note: The Speech Owl is in no way associated with this book or author. You must purchase this book separately to use with the companion.
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have before purchasing!
Also, follow my store to receive notifications when I post new products. New products are 50% off for the first 24 hours after they are posted.
Don't forget to leave feedback to receive credits towards future purchases!
The Speech Owl