How I Became A Pirate: A Book Companion For Language
What educators are saying
This language based book companion is the prefect compliment to the book How I became A Pirate by Melinda Long and David Shannon. Using this companion pack you can easily address 14 different language skills and /r/, such as tier 1 and 2 vocabulary, sequencing, comprehension, and many more! With the purchase of this companion you will receive both a full color version as well as a black/white version. You get to pick and choose which version or portions of the versions you use.
Here's what's included
→ Story Elements ←
• Graphic organizer to identify the title, author, characters, setting, problems, and solutions.
→ Vocabulary Cards ←
• 11 Tier 1 vocabulary cards
• 7 Tier 2 vocabulary cards
• 7 Tier 2 fill in the definition cards (same as above)
→ Object Functions (Receptive and Expressive) ←
• 11 receptive object function cards with answers in a field of 3
• 8 expressive object function cards
→ Comprehension Questions ←
• 23 comprehension questions including who, what, where, when, why and how.
→ Yes/No Questions ←
• 15 yes/no questions: Perfect for your younger or lower level kids who aren’t quite ready for expressive comprehension questions.
→ Positional Concepts ←
• 11 receptive positional cards: Show your students what each positional word looks like.
• 8 expressive labeling cards: Tell where the pirate is located.
→ Pronouns ←
• 11 pronoun cards with picture and sentence prompts: Complete the sentence with the correct pronoun.
→ Regular Plural Nouns ←
• 11 different noun cards with pictures and sentence prompts: Complete the sentence with the correct plural noun.
→ Regular/Irregular Past Tense Verbs ←
• 13 different verb cards with pictures and sentence prompts: Complete the sentence with the correct past tense verb.
→ Following Directions ←
• 11 one step direction cards
• 12 two step direction cards
• 12 conditional direction cards
→ Synonyms ←
• 16 synonym expressive labeling cards: Name a synonym of the word on the card.
→ Antonyms ←
• 16 antonym expressive labeling cards: Name an antonym of the word on the card.
→ Attributes/Describing ←
• 8 graphic organizers: Each organizer contains different pirate related objects.
→ Compare/Contrast ←
• Example graphic organizer and 4 graphic organizers: Each organizer contains the pirate related objects in the attributes/describing task.
→ Writing Promptst ←
• 3 writing prompts (each with a boy and a girl version);
“If I were a pirate...”,
“I want to be a pirate because...”
“I don’t want to be a pirate because...”
→ Compare and Contrast Yourself ←
• Graphic organizer to compare yourself with a pirate(boy and girl themed page)
→ ”ARRR”Tic ←
• 11 initial /r/ words
• 11 medial /r/ words
• 11 final /r/ words
• 11 /r/ blend words
• game board to race to the treasure chest with the articulation cards.
✎ Please note: The Speech Owl is in no way affiliated with this book or the author, Melinda Long and David Shannon. You must purchase this book separately.
→ You may also like these vocabulary products: ←
The Three Little Fish And The Big Bad Shark: Book Companion For Language
When The Leaf Blew In: A Book Companion For Language
How Do Dinosaurs Say I'm Mad? A Book Companion for Language and Social Skills
☛ Please feel free to ask any questions you may have before purchasing! ☚
★ Also, follow my store to receive notifications when I post new products. New products are 50% off for the first 48 hours after they are posted.
☑ Don't forget to leave feedback to receive credits towards future purchases!
The Speech Owl