Also included in
- Retelling a familiar story is an important standard. This bundle of sentence strips allows students to sequence the events of and then retell four favorite stories: The Giving Tree, Miss Nelson Is Missing, How I Became a Pirate, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar. A paper version of this bundle is alsoPrice $4.00Original Price $5.00Save $1.00
- Looking for a fun way to celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day? Reading How I Became a Pirate and want a fun game to go along with it? This bundle of pirate-themed activities is perfect! Students can practice retelling the story, sorting nouns from verbs, general pirate vocabulary, and even the homophonePrice $5.40Original Price $6.75Save $1.35
This single slide Google Slide drag and order product consists of 10 sentences that retell the story How I Became a Pirate. Students click on each sentence "strip" and drag them into the correct order to retell the story. When you assign the activity to your students make sure each student receives his/her own copy. A paper version of How I Became A Pirate Sequencing Activity is also available.
For more information on how I use this product, and others like it, see my blog post entitled "Sequencing Sentences."
Don't forget to check out my other fun pirate activities:
- Paper Pirate Vocabulary game: Pirate Vocabulary Games and Activities
- Google Sheets Pirate Vocabulary game: Pirate Vocabulary Digital Board Game
- Excel Pirate Vocabulary game: Pirate Vocabulary Digital Board Game
- Pirate Homophones (are, our, hour): paper version, digital version
- How I Became a Pirate Sentence Sequencing Activity: paper version
- Pirate Noun - Verb Sort: paper version, digital version
For more information about this resource, and other fun pirate-themed activities, see my blog post: National Talk Like a Pirate Day.