How Many Days to America - A Thanksgiving Story is a Grade 3-5 integrated literature unit based on the book by Eve Bunting. This book tells the story of a refugee family fleeing their Caribbean home in the middle of the night to sail in search of safety in America, arriving in their new land on Thanksgiving Day.
This language arts unit includes engaging activities to:
- build prior knowledge of the concepts introduced in the book
- strengthen inference and comprehension skills (multiple choice & open response questions with answer key)
- increase writing skills through the use of a newspaper report assignment (includes full lesson plan, graphic organizer and rubric)
- increase awareness of word choice (lesson plan, worksheet & answer key)
- introduce new vocabulary (word search)
Also included in this integrated unit are:
- 4 drama activities
- a Math assignment with answer key
This unit is 18 pages long, not including answer keys.
Customer Tips:How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺