This comprehension and writing bundle evolves from the beloved children's books written by Tad Hills; "How Rocket Learned to Read" and "Rocket Writes a Story." Students practice reading and writing skills while fulfilling standards by way of Rocket's adventures! This bundle includes:
- Classroom Motivational Poster
- Standards Cards: These are the standards met after completion of these activities. These cards can be printed, cut, and laminated and used as display on a bulletin board or on any focus wall! The following standards are listed:
- Pre-Reading "Words to Know" cards used to introduce anticipated, new vocabulary. Print, Laminate, and cut to use within a small reading group. Students may match the word with it's definition.
- Non-Fiction read about the origin of Rocket, the main character. Students will meet the real Rocket! Multiple Choice comprehension questions follow.
- Thinking Map Comprehension Worksheets: Flow Map (Sequence the story), Tree Map (Record the story's characters and setting)
- Sequencing Worksheet: Students will sequence illustrations from the book and answer multiple choice comprehension questions.
- Narrative Writing Anchor Chart
- Two Narrative Writing Prompts: Each include a Circle Map Brainstorm Page, a Flow Map Planning Page, a Planning Outline, Rough Draft Paper, Peer Editing Checklist, Final Draft Paper
KG Drops of Jupiter Font
KG Always a Good Time Font
Stella Jumbo Papers and Clip Art- Teaching Super Power
D'Nelian Style Family Fonts-Fonts4Teachers
Books Clip Art-Ramona M Graphics
Nature Clip Art- Creative to the Core
Clip Art Trees- Revidevi
Spring Chicks Clip Art BUndle - Educlips
Fun Dog/Puppy Clipart- A Sketchy Guy
Thank you for downloading! Please leave comments on how well this worked in your classroom!