This ActivInspire flipchart is a fun Christmas story that explains how Santa Claus got his red suit. Students with autism and developmental delays will be engaged from the beginning to the end of the lesson with the interactive features and animated art. The story increases their use/understanding of core words, reviews colors (black, brown, blue, yellow, purple, green, orange, and red), and provides practice in differentiating facial expressions for happy and sad.
This flipchart lesson includes:
• "I can" statements
• notes browser (yellow note icon) explains features for interactive pages and gives lesson procedure
• simple, interactive Table of Contents/lesson schedule
• visual dictionary to introduce/review core words (do, like, good, not, you, we, happy, sad)
• review of eight colors
• engaging story with realistic character and animal images with sound effects and visual supports to aid the students in story comprehension
• animated Santa Claus who laughs and is paired with “ho, ho, ho” sound effect
• repetitive text to teach core words. Multiple opportunities for students to make predictions and discriminate between emotions happy and sad.
• an interactive survey (“Did you like the story?”) with animated yes/no faces
• lesson closure page
• 28 interactive and/or animated pages
This flipchart can be used for small group instruction at the computer and in whole-group settings using an interactive whiteboard. Students take turns reading and activating the interactive features.
**Must have ActivInspire software.**
Download the FREE ActivInspire software at:
ActivInspire Download on Promethean Planet