Also included in
- Scott Joplin, the King of Ragtime Composers, has a story that needs to be told. This bundle focuses on three products that teach about his life, his challenges, heartbreaks, triumphs and tragedies. The Scott Joplin resources are:Scott Joplin, The King of Ragtime BiographyScott Joplin, Politics, Ra$16.80$21.00Save $4.20
Here's the important story of how ragtime composer Scott Joplin was influenced by Theodore Roosevelt and Booker T. Washington. This unit is based on Joplin's works The Strenuous Life (inspired by the speech written by Theodore Roosevelt) and A Guest of Honor (an opera based on the event when Booker T. Washington was invited to dinner at the White House, a first for a man of color). The story is told using cartoon storyboards, then reinforced with fun activities for a wide range of learning styles. Activities include creative writing, answering questions from a video, listening to music, word search puzzle This printable is in full color but looks great when printed in grayscale, too.
Answer key and links to additional resources are included.
The Scott Joplin resources are:
- Scott Joplin, The King of Ragtime Biography
- Scott Joplin, Politics, Ragtime, and Opera (this unit)
- Scott Joplin, Memorials, Awards, and Legacy
Read more about the book, The Strenuous Life of Scott Joplin at my website here.
More History Quick Resources
- Copyrights, Public Domain, and Fair Use
- What Is Impeachment?
- Samuel Morse: Painter, Photographer, and Inventor
- The Story of the Pipe Organ
- Pony Express Bundle
- How the Daughters of Liberty Used the Spinning Wheel Bundle
Read more about the book The Strenuous Life of Scott Joplin at my website here.
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases: • Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Next to each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺