I have used this activity alongside both the NZ Mathematics and Writing curriculum across all levels.
This activity can be used within your Mathematics programme to
* make a flower the height of the children to give an overview of
the range of heights in the class.
* gather data on the various heights of children in the class and
coming to conclusions regarding this data.
* graph the heights of the children.
This activity can also be used within your Writing programme to
* write things the child likes/dislikes on each leaf.
* write clues about the certain child and have other class
members guess the child. Double check by having a photo of
the child in the centre of the flower.