This wonderful holiday story comes "alive" in this 34 page book response journal that contains graphic organizers, constructed response writing, vocabulary, sequencing, and story elements that include:
- Fiction vs. nonfiction
- What do you know about...
-Questions during reading
During Reading Activities:
-10 specific comprehension questions
- Sketch important events
After Reading Activities: !
- Character analysis - beginning and end of story
- Compare and contrast characters
- Cause and effect
- Friendly letter writing - letter to character
- Reader's response writing prompt - text to self
- Book rating pages
- Author's purpose
- Sentence strips to cut and sequence
- Reader's response prompt - about the story
- Beginning, Middle, End graphic organizer
- Nouns - chart to generate nouns from the story
Can be used in whole, small and individual settings. Can be used as individual pages or as a packet.