This resource gets students to read and analyze a popular newspaper column about love, then emulate the style of the column after interviewing two people. It includes:
- An instruction page with links to the newspaper column.
- A video stories link.
- A graphic organizer for students to summarize their reading.
- A handout for significant quotes.
- Top 10 interview tips with a link to a short video clip on how to conduct a good interview.
- A brainstorming sheet for interview questions and space to chart transition sentences with important quotes.
- Top 10 photography tips with links to photography web sites and rule of thirds background, with an example.
- A photography checklist.
- A story checklist.
- A reflection page.
- A rubric with the option to assign your own point value.
A Note From Me:
I love making products for high school students that are creative, engaging and fun to use in the classroom. It is my sincere hope that you find this product useful. Please check out some of my other resources at Allyson’s Creative Corner.
Happy by Pharrell Williams: A Literary Analysis of the Hit Song & Fun Activities
Life in Six Words Memoirs - Creative Writing
Persepolis Task Cards
Click on the green star next to my store logo above for product updates. Thank you for following my store.
Your feedback is important. Please leave a rating and comments to earn valuable TPT credits for future purchases.
How to Rate This Resource:
• Go to My Purchases.
*You may need to log in.
• Look for the Provide Feedback
button beside each purchase.
• Once you click on the Provide Feedback button, you may leave a rating and a short comment.
• Each time you leave feedback, TPT gives you credits for you to use to lower the cost of future purchases.
Allyson's Creative Corner
Thanks again for visiting my store!