Looking for a great back to school - or anytime story? This fun book can be the springboard to active classroom dialogue as to what it means to be a friend! Included is a 5 page journal for student generated rules as to how to MAKE friends, as well as references to author's purpose and character traits.
This 33 page book response journal includes graphic organizers, constructed response writing, vocabulary, and story elements that include:
- Fiction vs. nonfiction
- What do you know about...
During Reading Activities:
- 10 Comprehension questions
After Reading Activities:
- Character traits – You and a friend
- Compare and contrast
- Cause and effect
- Friendly letter writing - letter to a new student
- Main Idea
- Reader's response writing prompts
- Book rating pages
- Author's purpose
- Vocabulary cards for students
- ABC order of vocab. words
- Adjective find
- Important Nouns
-Author’s Viewpoint graphic organizer
-5 page student journal: My How to Make Friends book
Can be used in large, small and individual settings. Pages can be used individually or as a packet. Also useful for assessment.
Thank you for considering this work!