This dramatic-play-based writing activity can be used from pre-school all the way through third grade-- and beyond!
Build your students' schema through the shared experience of making paper pizzas in a colorful pizza shop, and then challenge them to teach others through how-to drawing and writing.
This fun and engaging how-to writing unit includes
- Colorful, printable pizza pieces
- Order form and drink menu
- "Pizza Shop" pennant banner
- Open sign
- Closed sign
- Three differentiated writing pages
- Two different how-to writing books
Plenty of visuals make this perfect for ELL students, and practical, real-life application makes it a good fit for a life-skills classroom as well.