How-To Procedure Writing Packet contains graphic organizers for every aspect of the writing process from planning, composing, publishing, and includes a student assessment of How-To concepts. It is aligned with the Common Core writing standard.
This packet includes:
- Planning & composing pages for introduction, about the author,
materials, and steps.
- There is a student checklist to help students include all the
components of How-To writing procedure.
- Included in this packet is a student checklist that the teacher uses
during conferencing, which is put into the students writing folder.
- There is also an assessment of student knowledge of How-To text
features, that the teacher will use with each student to understand
what they know about the genre of a How-To Procedure.
- There is a rubric to assess the writing at the end of the unit.
- There is a book template for the students to use as their
published paper. When the book template is copied, fold the
cover in half and then fold the writing paper with the printed page
out. Then put into the cover with the spine facing out.