This 25-slide pdf teaches students HOW to effectively use search engines like Google. This lesson is a perfect guide for ANY class that requires students to use the internet for assignments.
What You Get:
1. definitions of six time-saving search operators with examples of how to use each one
2. definitions of basic internet terminology such as “query” with labeled pictures
3. specific examples that explain hypothetical information a person may need followed by THE EXACT WAY to type their particular query
4. five practice scenarios that prompt students to write search queries
5. five different scenarios that prompt students to write interpretations of queries that contain specific symbols taught earlier in the presentation
6. eye-opening data about the use of technology and the impact of Google
This information with the provided practice prompts is just like the invention of the elevator: you have to have it first in order to fully understand just how much easier life can be! Your students need to be shown what they’ve been missing.