How to Understand A Writing Prompt is a quick and easy way to teach your students how to analyze writing prompts in 4 steps. This lesson can be used with any type of writing and any type of writing prompt. After they analyze the writing prompt, there is a table for them to fill out. This table will not only help them understand the writing prompt, but it will help them start brainstorming in an efficient and organized way. This is great for test prep!
This download contains ....
1. One handout explaining the steps to take to understand a writing prompt
2. Two sample writing prompts that have been broken down in the four steps
3. Three practice writing prompt worksheets for student practice
4. A table breaking down writing prompt verbs
5. A writing prompt analysis table for brainstorming
Thank you & Enjoy!
Additional Writing Resources
How to Write a Topic Sentence Bundle
How to Write a Thesis Statement
How to Write a Compare and Contrast Essay
How to Write a Short Answer Response