How To Write A Fable Like Aesop Writing Lessons & Graphic Organizers
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Help your reluctant writers with this engaging Spring and other Seasonal Narrative Writing Prompts resource. This year-long bundle includes 11 unique narrative writing centers to help your students practice writing and saves you 50%!These narrative writing centers include writing prompts for ChristPrice $27.00Original Price $54.00Save $27.00
Do you want to teach your students to write interesting and relevant fables? This Write Your Own Fable unit will motivate even your most reluctant writers. This narrative writing center provides CHOICE and includes the TOOLS and FABLE GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS necessary to plan and write great fables. I wrote this unit for primary students, but it can be used with students in grades 1-5.
With so much emphasis on social-emotional learning, fables are a great resource for teaching kindness, cooperative learning, getting along with others, and so much more! They are also very short stories, so the kids don’t have to struggle writing so much!
Students often struggle with writing because they are told to just “start writing.” The fable graphic organizers included will encourage students to think about their stories and plan before they actually begin writing. There is also a writing checklist so students can make sure they have all the necessary elements in their Write Your Own Fable before they submit the final product.
Write Your Own Fable includes:
- A poster about the elements of a Fable
- An instructional PowerPoint on how to write your own fable
- 28 Setting, 72 Character, 36 Problem/Plot Cards, and 48 Moral Cards
- Charts for Transition Words, Vivid Verbs and Sensory Words
- Fable Graphic Organizers for Story Map, Story Summary, and Sensory Words
- Checklist for your story
- Themed papers for students to write stories on
- A bonus file of 22 Aesop Fables with graphic organizers to examine the fables
Help students succeed with these narrative writing centers by not putting out all of the cards and fable graphic organizers at one time. Too much choice can be overwhelming. There are enough Write Your Own Fable cards so you can put out a few each week in the narrative writing center station.
The best part about this Write Your Own Fable Unit is students can select the plot, setting, and characters for their story which allows each student to create their own unique fable. No more having each student respond to the exact same writing prompt! I have also included moral cards for students who have trouble creating the moral for their story.
THIS PRODUCT IS PART OF A GROWING BUNDLE!C/a>
See What Other Teachers Are Saying…
- This resource is outstanding. Ms. Morrow thought of everything. I cannot believe how easy it was to guide my students through this (grade 2 virtually). They wrote the most incredible fables and this resource really helped all of them have the appropriate structure for the genre. You must buy this.
- I love the bright images and variety of choices! This is a great base for students at all writing capabilities to offer both a scaffolded direction without taking away artistic license and freedom in the writing process.
- This resource has lots of great options to help kids with their writing. Not only was it fun for kids to select their own Fable elements, but there were so many useful handouts to guide them in descriptive writing! We will use these again and we will definitely buy other resources by this author!!
Need more engaging narrative writing activities for your classroom? Check these out!:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Click it, and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment on the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom to create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright © Keep ‘em Thinking!, Susan Morrow. This product is intended for classroom and personal use ONLY and may be used only by the original downloader. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. You may not distribute or display this product digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Keep 'em Thinking!
Connect with Me: