"Letters from Ted E. Bear" contains over 175 pages of how to write a friendly letter practice for Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade students. This program allows you to easily incorporate a quick, daily writing activity into your classroom that your students will enjoy.
Ted E. Bear will write a daily letter to your students about health, nutrition, behavior, or friends at a grade appropriate level. Each day a student collects Ted or Worma Jean’s letter from a mailbox and assists the teacher with reading it to the class. Each letter also contains a picture to help non-readers. The letter is then placed at the center station. Throughout the day, as the students visit that center, they respond to Ted E. Bear in letter format and place it in the mailbox.
Over the weekend students take turns bringing Ted E. Bear home and write in their journals about their activities together. Monday morning, the mailbox will have a letter from Worma Jean since Ted E. Bear went home with one of your students.
This book contains over 175 pages of letters from both Ted E. Bear and Worma Jean.
Please click on the preview above to view the table of contents and sample letters from the book.
This item is also available broken down into three units. The units are taken directly from the full program. To preview the units please click on the links below.
Friendly Letter Writing - Part 1
Friendly Letter Writing - Part 2
Friendly Letter Writing - Part 3
Save money by purchasing these letters as part of our Kindergarten Writing Bundle! Click on the link below for more details.
Kindergarten Writing Bundle
Preview My Additional Writing Activity & Language Arts Programs
• Just Write: A Sentence
• Letters from Ted E. Bear - Friendly Letter Writing Activities
• Just Write: A Paragraph
• Just Conventions - Daily Grammar and Conventions Practice
• Daily Grammar Lesson Integrated with Science - 3rd Grade
• Daily Grammar Lesson Integrated with Science - 4rd Grade
• Daily Grammar Lesson Integrated with Science - 5rd Grade
• Teaching Research Skills
My Complete Grade Level Writing Programs
• Kindergarten Writing Program
• 1st Grade Writing Program
• 2nd Grade Writing Program
• 3rd Grade Expository Writing Program
• 3rd Grade Narrative Writing Program
• Expository Writing for 4th - 6th Grade
• Narrative Writing for 4th - 6th Grade
• Visit My Website: WriteMath
• Follow me at: Facebook
• Follow me at: Pinterest
Letters from Ted E. Bear
by Kathryn Robinson
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at http://www.writemath.com