How to writing can be one of the most interactive writing units you can do. I created this unit to help teachers and students create the best how to writing paragraphs possible.
I have created four specific topics with sequencing posters, differentiated graphic organizers, writing paper, editing checklists, and a publishing book. I use each of these items within my classroom during the duration of this unit. My students absolutely love the topics and we physically do them (minus the how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich – due to being a peanut free school). I make sure my students are writing about things that they have done before and can actually “teach” someone else how to do.
In this unit you will find:
- 6 day lesson plan guide (how I use this unit within my own class)
- What I know how to do.. worksheet
- Transitional words poster
- Introduction and closing sentence posters
- 2 non-topic specific graphic organizers
- 4 specific units
- How to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- How to make a bowl of cereal
- How to make an English muffin pizza
- How to brush your teeth
- Each of these topics comes with sequencing posters and differentiated graphic
organizers (above level writers, at level writers, approaching writers, and below level writers)
- Writing paper with a picture space
- Editing checklist poster and student copies of the checklist
- Publishing book
I hope you and your students enjoy this unit as much as my students and I do!