GLOBAL 9, UNIT 3
THE MIDDLE AGES
: How did Japanese feudalism compare to European feudalism?
- ACTIVITY 1 — DO NOW: Students will complete a See-Think-Wonder activity where they identify what they see in an image, make inferences about it, and then create two questions about it to generate discussion.
- ACTIVITY 2 — PRIMARY SOURCE ANALYSIS: Students will analyze a contemporary excerpt from the Japanese Edict of Change of Status from 1591 to determine the extent to which feudalism existed in Japan.
- ACTIVITY 3 -- VIDEO: Students will analyze a video about Japanese feudalism as a visual aide and answer questions. Link to YouTube video is provided.
- ACTIVITY 4 -- DOCUMENT ANALYSIS: Students will analyze two documents to compare and contrast Japanese feudalism to medieval European feudalism.
- ACTIVITY 5 -- ASSESSMENT: Students will choose one of two options for assessment to submit on looseleaf.
- PowerPoint included with key terms. Counts as differentiation for visual learners with broken down definitions for students (or emerging ENL students) that need the extra reinforcement.
- ADDITIONAL ASSESSMENT: Students may answer the AIM using the R.A.C.E.S. format (FREE Download Here).