GLOBAL 9, UNIT 6
THE PRE-COLUMBIAN ERA and the AGE OF EXPLORATION
- ACTIVITY 1 -- TEXT ANALYSIS: Students will analyze the term 'Treaty' and determine how it applies to our modern world. They will see the word in context by reading about the Paris Climate Agreement (2015), the Treaty of Paris (1783) and the Treaty of Versailles (1919).
- ACTIVITY 2 -- VIDEO: Students will analyze a video to determine how and why the Age of Exploration began in the 1400s.
- ACTIVITY 3 -- PRIMARY SOURCE ANALYSIS: Students may work independently or in pairs to analyze an annotated excerpt of the Treaty of Torsedillas between the rulers of Spain and Portugal.
- ACTIVITY 4 -- ASSESSMENT: Students will choose one of two options to complete on looseleaf for a grade.
- ADDITIONAL RESOURCE: ACTIVITY 5 -- CRQ: Students will complete a CRQ in which they have to compare two documents about the Age of Exploration.
- ADDITIONAL RESOURCE: ACTIVITY 6 -- GUIDED NOTES: Students will copy notes as directed. Provided in PowerPoint.