GLOBAL 9, UNIT 3
THE MIDDLE AGES
: How did the fall of Rome impact European society?
- ACTIVITY 1 — MAP ANALYSIS: Students will analyze a map to determine the differences in the geographical structure of Europe after the fall of Rome.
- ACTIVITY 2 — TEXT ANALYSIS: Students will read a text and answer questions. Can be completed in pairs.
- KEY TERMS ANALYZED: BYZANTINE EMPIRE
- ACTIVITY 3 -- DOCUMENT ANALYSIS: Students will analyze documents and compare and contrast the societal structure of the Byzantine Empire vs. the Medieval European kingdoms of Western Europe.
- ACTIVITY 4 -- ASSESSMENT: Students will choose one of two options for assessment to submit on looseleaf.
- PowerPoint included with key terms. Counts as differentiation for visual learners with broken down definitions for students (or emerging ENL students) that need the extra reinforcement.
- Page for Guided Notes
- Differentiation for ENL students.
- Differentiation for Special Ed. students.
- ADDITIONAL ASSESSMENT: Students may answer the AIM using the R.A.C.E.S. format (FREE Download Here).