A book a week: How The Birds Got Their Colours by Pamela Lofts and Mary Albert - A traditional Aboriginal Dreamtime story
Read the book daily for a week and complete an activity a day - oh so simple!
1. Pre-Reading Words – a list of story words.
2. Beginning/Middle/End – story recall sheet
3. Sequencing – students cut and sequence story events
4. Multiple Choice Comprehension
5. Comprehension Questions – students answer 5 comprehension questions – answers provided.
6. Word Word – students look at base and word building words. Then they search for words in the story to fit given criteria (ie ‘sh; words).
7. Cloze activity – comprehension
8. Connect to Text – Students decide which story events they connect to and elaborate on one connection.
9. Writing – Thinking about the friendship between the little dove and the parrot, students write about why friendships are important to them.
10. Word Search
11. Dove Facts poster
12. Mini Report Writing template
13. Writing Template –
14. Suggestions for Art/Craft - a link to my Pinterest board
You'll need to source the book for yourself but the lessons are all planned!
All activities were created with Year 1, 2 and 3 in mind!
Prefer a different font? Just ask.. if I can, I will!