This resource is the perfect K-2 teaching companion for the Aboriginal Dreamtime story, 'How the Birds Got Their Colours', told by Pamela Lofts and Mary Albert. It is ideal for NAIDOC activities or an Indigenous Text study.
In this kit, you will find pages of 'How the Birds Got Their Colours', Australian Dreamtime story teaching activities, which are printable, open-ended response activity sheets, catering to the individual learning needs and abilities of your students.
• Sentence Reconstruction Activity
• Graphic Organiser: Connection to Text
• Connection to Text Activity Sheet
• Information Text Activity Sheet
• Bird Parts Cut and Paste Labelling Activity
• Owl Body Parts Research and Labelling Activity
• Student’s Own Bird Fact File Sheet
• Information Report Template - Birds
• Similarities & Differences Venn Diagram Activity Sheet
• Lined Writing Proforma with blank illustration box
• 3 Part Story Mapping Proforma – Beginning, Middle, End
• Storyboard Templates with 3 and 6 panels
• Descriptive Writing Activity Sheet
• Reading Response Activity Sheet
• 2 Styles of Response to Text Activity Sheets – Favourite, Least Favourite Character
• Prediction Activity Sheet
• B&W Bird templates for Art painting or collage work or use as character headbands and puppets in drama activities
You can find this resource, along with other products and freebies, at my TpT store, Learning for Littlies.
How the Birds Got Their Colours Activity Sheets and Printables
by Learning for Littlies
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License