How the Eyes Work NGSS 4-PS4-2
This is my first NGSS science unit and my students really enjoyed it! I hope you can use it!
This is a unit you can use to help you teach your students about the human eye and how it works. Included are the following activities:
• 3 Safeshare video links that show students how the eye works.
• 2 interactive website links that you can use with your students to help them learn how the eye works.
• Black and white picture of the eye with labels that students can color and cut into their science notes.
• Picture of the eye which you can project for students as they color their eye.
• Cut and Glue Eye vocabulary activity which can be glued into a science notebook.
• How the Eye Works Text which you can use as a Close Read. Students will need to highlight important information which will be included in their model and paragraph.
• Model of Eye Diagram Chart
• Spinner Wheel Option for paragraph
• Model of eye Requirement sheet and grading rubric. Students can self-assess as they complete each section.
• 7 Lesson Progression to show what I did with my students.
NGSS Standard 4-PS4-2: Students who demonstrate understanding can: Develop a model to describe that light reflecting from objects and entering the eye allows objects to be seen.
Note: This unit incorporates technology. My student used iPads and I used a Smartboard to project information and for the interactive websites.
This material is for single classroom use only. Please buy multiple copies if you intend to share.
All material belongs to (©NLarocca2015)
This is for educational purposes only and no part should be reproduced, translated, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any way by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopied, or recorded) without prior written permission from the author.