During the busy holiday season if you find yourself in a PINCH, use this engaging Common Core unit about everyone’s favorite Christmas thief, the GR, GR, …grouchy green guy! Everyone’s favorite holiday story by Dr. Seuss is a great way to teach literary elements and writing while engaging your students with rigorous literary activities. With this unit, you receive 130 pages of quality materials to use in your classroom! 130 pages!! What a bargain!
This super fun and creative unit, which was created WITH Common Core in mind, includes multiple DIFFERENTIATED literary and writing activities. The work included in this unit will help you and your students make it through that last week of school before Christmas break, while still being productive and focusing on reading and writing skills!
These products aren't just fun and engaging; they actually give students practice with Common Core skills!
All of these products can be used in a variety of ways. These can be used at stations, literacy centers, small group instruction, whole class instruction, homework, extra practice, group work, partner work, or any other way you see fit to use them!
Also, most of the organizer and tasks come with TWO versions. Versions of most tasks come with AND without learning targets and Common Core Standard numbers printed on the document for those districts that require this feature.
A 10 page teacher's guide is also included!
Here is what is included when you purchase this unit:
* Cause and Effect Graphic Organizer & Writing Task-RL.3
* Character Growth & Change-2 differentiated options-RL.3
* Character Growth and Change differentiated writing task-W.2
* 11 Comprehension/Lit Elements Question Worksheet-RL.10
* Conflict Graphic Orgs writing task-3 differentiated options-RL.3
* Figurative Language Level 1, 2, 3 Graphic Organizers-RL.4
* Characterization graphic organizers (3 differentiated options)-RL.3
* 38 Discussion question cards-RL.10
* Main character iPad to do list directions and template-RL.3
* Key Events Plot Graphic Orgs-3 differentiated options- RL.3
* “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” lyrics & figurative language-RL.4
* 4 Plot Map Options-RL.3
* 3 differentiated plot cube options w/ planner & template RL.3
* Point of view graphic organizer-2 options-RL.6
* Setting Graphic Orgs & Writing -3 Differentiated Versions-RL.5
* Story Cube with 3 differentiated options-RL.3
* Story Map with 2 differentiated levels-RL.3
* Summary organizers with 2 differentiated orgs & writing task-RL.2
* Theme organizers w/writing task-3 differentiated options-RL.2
* WANTED poster template-RL.3
* Main character “Before” Journal-Directions and paper-W.3
* Main character “After” Journal-Directions and paper-W.3
* Max the Dog's Journal-W.3
* Sweet little Tot Dream Diary-W.3
* Letter to Santy Claus from sweet little Tot: Directions &paper-W.3
* Prequel to the story-2 differentiated options-W.3
Video comparisons: Can be used with the animated version of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" or the Jim Carrey version of the movie.
* Going Hollywood book vs. movie comparison chart-W.7
* Going Hollywood book vs. movie comparison Venn Diagram-W.7
* Story vs. Movie-5 question handout-W.7
Check out my other fun Christmas Products!
Elf on a Shelf Classroom Resources
Kindness Elves Christmas Writing Prompts, Papers, and Card Templates
Santa Interview and Newspaper Writing Task
Elf Training Guide-A Fun and Creative Writing Task to Create a Training Guide for New Elves at the North Pole
Santa Takes a Vacation: 6 Creative Writing Prompts with Matching Papers
Reindeer Partner Cards & Grouping Cards with Matching Table/Wall Signs
Looking for a NO Prep New Year's Packet for an easy transition after Winter Break? Check out my New Year's Product!
New Year's NO PREP Reflection and Resolution Packet