Thank-you for taking an interest in this product.
How the kangaroo got its pouch is an adapted Dreamtime story from Johnny Huckle and Helen Moran's 'Tell me a Dreamtime story' story song on their 'Wombat Wobble' CD.
This resource is a prefect way to include an Aboriginal perspective into your classroom for NAIDOC and Reconciliation week.
This resource includes:
* The Dreamtime Story, How the kangaroo got its pouch in 2 formats:
1. As an A4 book
2. As A4 picture story cards.
* 9 suggested activities that go with the story for pre-school aged children.
1. Sharing the story.
2. Where is the story from? (includes a map of Aboriginal Australian nations).
3. Retelling the story (includes a template).
4. Draw your favourite part of the story (includes a template).
5. Aboriginal style painting – Dot painting (includes a template).
6. What would you do with a dilly bag (template included).
7. Hand writing practice - letter k in NSW Foundation (template included).
8. Snap/memory game (set of cards included).
9. Fast Facts and Picture Card discussion alongside Dreamtime Story discussion (template included).
* EYLF Links