Also included in
- One and DONE! This Middle School STEM Career Exploration Activities Mega Bundle spans a year's worth of fun, prep-free STEM career exploration activities ideal for students grades 6 to 10.Careers in science, technology, engineering, and math are lucrative and in high demand. Give your students the$403.81$488.94Save $85.13
- Explore STEM careers through this collection of 29 fun, self-paced Google Slides STEM Challenges! Upper middle and early high school students will explore a wide variety of digital media to explore STEM careers, create hands-on projects, and connect with additional resources to fuel their passions -$195.04$216.71Save $21.67
Turn those hours on YouTube into cash with a career as a YouTuber! This How to Become a YouTuber Challenge is a self-guided STEM career exploration course for middle and high school age students to build their skills in this highly desired career field. Explore the anatomy of YouTube videos, apply STEM concepts (such as SEO, identifying keywords, and video editing), and launch your own YouTube channel!
This STEM Challenge is delivered in interactive Google Slides and PDF including:
1. What is a YouTuber description with online YouTuber career exploration resources including virtual job shadow youtube video and career information sheet in English and Spanish
2. Anatomy of a YouTube Video & YouTube Scavenger Hunt googleslides activity (23 slides)
2. YouTuber career exploration and analysis questions
4. How YouTubers Make Money infographic with analysis questions (as a bonus print this out as a poster and use it to decorate the walls of your classroom!)
5. Getting Started as a YouTuber Guide with videos, checklists, and step by step advice to identify a topic, record a video without special equipment, use video editing software, optimize for SEO, and promote.
6. two case studies of famous diverse YouTubers with candid advice on creating a successful YouTube channel
7. list, links, and descriptions of top 8 must watch STEM YouTube channels
8. Be A YouTuber Challenge (9 GoogleSlides) to scaffold students through all the steps covered in the Getting Started as a YouTuber Guide and launch their career as a YouTuber!
This Challenge is provided as one cohesive Google Slides and PDF document with embedded links to corresponding online activities for easy uploading and sharing in your online classroom!
All activities are designed to be completed by students independently using only simple materials and online resources, taking at least 4 hours to complete - a fun distance learning or in-person STEM career exploration activity!
Supports NGSS MS-ETS1-2, TEKS.SCI.6.2.B, TEKS.SCI.8.2.B, and TEKS.SCI.7.2.B.
More Computer Science & Technology STEM Career Exploration Resources
- Intro to Computer Science Lesson Bundle
- Computer Science Poster Bundle Set of 5
- Things You Can Do with Coding Computer Science Poster
- Intro to Robotics Challenge
- Computer Science Bingo
- Why Computer Science is Important Poster
- Fiber Optics Demo & Webquest
- Intro to AI Challenge
- Careers in Computer Science WebQuest
- and many more computer science & technology STEM activities!
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!