Are you looking for a great way to do an engaging virtual OR in-person winter WRITING lesson with students? I have you covered with these interactive, editable Google Slides to easily have students copy and paste movable parts to BUILD THEIR OWN SNOWMAN. Then, they will write a narrative, persuasive or opinion paper about their snowmen.
What is in this download?
40 Google Slides with Titles, Edit Text Boxes, Directions, Movable Parts and a Video Tutorial to help you and students.
There is an example for students to see.
- 14 Background Slides for Student to choose from to begin designing.
- 4 slides with movable parts for students to use to decorate their ugly sweater. (You can edit to remove to add images.)
- 6 slides for students to brainstorm, organize thoughts, and write a story about their sweater.
- Black and white slides for students to digitally or handwrite stories. (narrative, persuasive or opinion writing include)
- An example slide of how to add a google form to have a voting contest. (optional)
Make it even more fun by adding all the student’s work to a new slide show with the music provided while in PRESENT MODE to have a snowman building contest. (optional)
You can print and display them in your room or make a slideshow with the student’s finished products to view virtually. (music provided)
Slide titles and backgrounds CAN NOT be edited, just the text boxes and movable parts can be edited.
You can delete slides you don’t want to send to students, add your own directions or images to the sides of the slides to personalize.
Check out the preview and the Video to see this resource in action.
GRADES k-4TH GRADE
>>>>> YOU DO NOT need Google Classroom to use Google Slides. It will force a copy of it on your Google Drive. Students do not need to have Google Classroom to participate. They will need a Google account, which does not have to be a Gmail account, but just an account with Google that gives them access to Google Drive. <<<<<<
Easily share through Google Classroom to collect information or share from your computer to Zoom or Meets. Students move images, add text and move parts to get plenty of writing and computer practice!
Copyright © 2020 Teacher's Brain
All rights reserved by the author.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.
☺ First 24 HOURS of new products over $1 are ½ off!