How to Catch Santa | Book Study Activities, Class Book, Craftivity
Also included in
- Celebrate the holiday season with this bundle of Holiday Themed book study literacy units your students will LOVE! The units are packed with Common Core aligned activities for Kindergarten and First Grade. The craftivities make wonderful bulletin board displays to showcase learning.Each book study uPrice $45.00Original Price $63.00Save $18.00
- Help your students dig deep into their reading with this ENDLESS book study bundle of literacy units! The units are packed with Common Core aligned activities for Kindergarten and First Grade. The craftivities make wonderful bulletin board displays to showcase learning.Each book study unit can be usPrice $799.00Original Price $1148.00Save $349.00
This is a book study literacy unit for How to Catch Santa by Jean Reagan. The unit is packed with Common Core aligned activities for Kindergarten and First Grade. The craftivity makes a wonderful bulletin board display to showcase learning.
This book study unit can be used as a whole class activity, during small group guided reading time, as individual student work, or as part of a book club. Copy a pack for each student and you're ready to go!
THIS UNIT INCLUDES:
STORY ELEMENTS ACTIVITIES
- student unit cover page
- story elements
- making predictions
- story retell
- story events
- story clues
- can-have-are-need graphic organizers
MAKING CONNECTIONS ACTIVITIES
- making mental images
- giving my opinion
- giving my advice
- text-to-self connections
- writing retell pages
- writing story prompt
- procedural writing: How I Would Catch Santa
- class book
- making words
- vocabulary word search
- matching activity
- alphabetical order
- syllable sorting
- problems and solutions
- author's purpose
- main idea/theme
- fiction and non-fiction story elements
- true or false comprehension questions
- reading notes
- personal response page
- things NOT to do to catch Santa
- things TO do to catch Santa
- My Santa-Catching Plans craftivity
LEARNING STANDARDS CHECKLISTS
- learning standards checklist charts for Common Core, TEKS, VA SOL
MORE CHRISTMAS BOOK STUDIES
Note: Leave feedback on my resource and you'll get $ off future purchases!
Permission by author for single classroom use only.
I love it when you share my products with your colleagues! Please do so legally, by purchasing additional licenses- they are available at a discounted price!
Uploading this product onto a platform for your own students to use during distance learning is permitted. In all other cases, uploading this product onto the internet (even to a personal/classroom website) is prohibited and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).