Use these materials along with the story How to Catch a Leprechaun by Adam Wallace and Andy Elkerton for a STEM infused week of literacy!
This BUNDLE includes all three of my How to Catch a Leprechaun units!
: 57 Pages
I created this book companion to complete with my students while reading and discussing How to Catch a Leprechaun by Adam Wallace and Andy Elkerton! It is one of our absolute favorite read-alouds, and my students LOVE brainstorming their own ideas for how to catch a leprechaun! I have always found a need for materials that reach different levels of learners...so these materials are easy to differentiate and there are options for many different levels of learners!
This companion includes:
- Making Predictions
- Story Recall
- Beginning Middle and End Cut and Glue
- Sequence the Leprechaun's tricks (with text)
- Sequence the Leprechaun's tricks (with pictures) so easy to differentiate these materials!
- Leprechaun Riddles
- Pick a Leprechaun riddle and illustrate it!
- Compare and Contrast Leprechauns and Elves
- Story Elements Graphic Organizer
- Various Templates for organizing ideas for catching a leprechaun
- Social Emotional Connection: How do you think the leprechaun would feel if he got caught? How would you feel if you caught a leprechaun? with leprechaun face templates and boy and girl face templates so children can draw the face and name the emotions!
- 30 Story Comprehension Question Cards (true or false)
- Answer Key
- Recording Sheet
- Ideas for using the cards small group, whole group (scoot style game) and at a literacy center
- Game Board
- Matching Game Spinner
- Matching Dice Craft (just copy, cut and assemble) good way to add a little fine motor into the work!
- 11 Leprechaun Coloring Pages
- Color options for all of the Black and White printables included
: 38 Pages
Wouldn't your students love to create their own Leprechaun TRAPS?
Don't you love to see them working together in TEAMS cooperatively?
This set of STEM materials will get their gears moving and their creative juices flowing!
Use these materials for a fun St. Patrick's Day of STEM activities!
This set includes:
- A list of suggested leprechaun trap building materials
- Informational Letter to the class about Leprechauns and tips for catching them!
- Leprechaun Lore Reading Passage
- Leprechaun Gold Reading Passage
- My Leprechaun Trap Building TEAM: draw the members of your team and record their names on this printable to get started !
- Differentiated Brainstorming Materials
- What did I use: List the supplies you are using to make your trap
- How did you do it? Draw-Sketch out the plans you followed to make your trap
- What do you think will happen at night in the classroom? Predict what you think (hope) the leprechaun will do when he comes upon your trap!!!
- Leprechaun BAIT: What did you use for Bait? Draw or Write options
- Teacher Page with suggestions for implementing the lessons and ideas to get the children excited and engaged!
- Leprechaun Coloring Sheets just for fun!
- Color and Black and White options for most materials in this packet!!
: 12 Pages
Use the books How to Catch a Leprechaun and How to Catch an Elf by Adam Wallace and Andy Elkerton for a perfect compare and contrast lesson!
Your students will:
- Describe Elves
- Describe Leprechauns
- Compare and Contrast Elves and Leprechauns
- How would you catch an elf? How would you catch a leprechaun?
- Compare and Contrast the two texts
- Draw a leprechaun trap....Draw an Elf trap!
- Make some LISTS: What do you think leprechauns like? What do you think elves like?
- Which do you like best? Elves or Leprechauns?
- Writing Pages with and Elf and Leprechaun: come up with your own creative writing prompt and let the kids go!
Good stuff....perfect for a last minute literacy lesson on comparing and contrasting!