Just about everything an elementary school-based SLP (or Special Ed Teacher) could need in a speech/language book companion is included in this packet. Only 6 pages require color printing and 2 pages have an option of color or blackline printing.
Included in this packet:
- 15 Comprehension Questions with 2 picture choices if needed.
- 8 Yes/No Questions that correspond to the comprehension questions.
- Negation Worksheet for comprehension. Answer Key is included.
- What Doesn’t Belong Worksheet. The student circles the object from a field of 4 that does not belong. For an expanded activity, have the student explain why it doesn’t belong. Answer Key is included.
- Sequencing. 8 pictures for sequencing plus a mat. Please use your clinical judgement: if you have students who are not able to sequence 8 pictures, present the appropriate amount.
- Retell using story elements. The student matches pictures with the story elements. The student can take the completed sheet home for home practice.
- Vocabulary Matching Worksheet. The student matches the vocabulary word to its meaning.
- Category Worksheet. The student places the object in the appropriate box. A carrier sentence is included.
- Describing Worksheets. 2 different formats to work on describing a Christmas Tree and an elf. Both may be taken home for home practice.
- Search & Find. The students circle or color items in the scene that have their sound. A suggested word list is included. A box with the level the student is working on is also included which makes the activity ideal for home practice.
- Cooperative Game. Get the elf back to the North Pole with all the traps before Santa finishes his naughty list.
- Verb Die. Strips for present progressive, present tense, and regular past tense. Includes color and blackline version. Instructions are included on the pages with the die.
- Candy Cane Craftivity. Instructions are included. Sounds included: /w/, /h/, /p,b,/, /m/, FCD, /t,d,n/, /f,v/, /k,g/, /l/, ‘sh’-’ch’-’j’, /r/, /s/, l-blends, r-blends, s-blends, categories, and blank strips for students to write target words or for pictures to be glued onto. A page is included so the craftivity can be sent home for homework.
I am not affiliated with "How to Catch an Elf", Adam Wallace, Andy Elkerton, Sourcebooks, Inc., Sourcebooks Jabberwocky, or Leo Paper.
☝Don't forget to click the ⭐ to be notified of new products!
✍ Leaving feedback on all purchased items earns credits for you to use on future purchases!
Joke Dominoes: Christmas Edition
Aliens Love Panta Claus: Speech Language Book Companion
Christmas Popper Game
Speech/Language Christmas Slides
Christmas Language Print & Go
Describe Write Draw Christmas Version