How to Catch an Elf Christmas Writing Prompt for Google Slides with Videos
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Engage students in digital writing with these fun weekly Google Slides writing projects. Students will practice common core writing with engaging prompts including narrative, informative, opinion and how to pieces throughout the year. ALL teaching videos are already included.. simply assign and go!Price $120.00Original Price $152.00Save $32.00
Looking for a fun and digital component to add to your Christmas writing prompts? Get students writing (or typing) about How to Catch an Elf with this student friendly Google Slides activity.
Book Recommendation for How to Catch an Elf Writing Prompt:
This resource pairs well with How to Catch an Elf, but is not needed for the project.
Digital Google Slides Components for How to Catch an Elf Writing Prompt:
ALL teaching videos for writing about How to Catch an Elf are already included.. simply assign and go! Excellent for digital learning, distance learning, homeschool teachers, hybrid teaching, guest teachers, student teachers and the average busy teacher!
Students will practice basic skills on Google Slides while working on writing down their ideas for how to catch an elf. ALL TEACHING VIDEOS are included, or can be replaced with videos that you make. Simply assign, and students will be ready to go.
How Long Will How to Catch an Elf Writing Unit Take?
This unit includes 5 lessons for one week of writing.
- Monday: Introduction and Prewrite - Students will learn to add bullet points to their graphic organizer. Optional hook - record a video or find a video online reading aloud the book How to Catch an Elf by Adam Wallace
- Tuesday: Draft - Students will write a basic topic sentence and their first 2 steps with sequencing words
- Wednesday: Draft - Students will finish their last 2 steps with sequencing words and add a basic closing sentence
- Thursday: Revise/Edit - Students are walked through using a revising and editing checklist
- Friday: Students are taught to add photos and to use a rubric to check their work before turning it in
What's Inside the How to Catch an Elf Writing PDF:
A PDF linking to:
- Teaching Google Slides Presentation
- Student Planning Template - Google Slides
- Student Publishing Template - Google Slides
Who is the How to Catch an Elf Writing Prompt For?
This was designed for second graders, but can easily be implemented in first and third grade classrooms.
These lessons build on each other, so might go through previously covered topics rather quickly. If you would like the comprehensive resource, upgrade to the bundle.
Check out A YEAR OF DIGITAL WRITING LESSONS [a growing bundle]:
- Stellar Student Informative Writing
- Sun-Sational Summer Narrative Writing
- Stuffie Adventures Narrative Writing
- Rocking Road Trip Narrative Writing
- Flat Teacher Bitmoji Project Narrative Writing
- The Best Season Opinion Writing
- Cat vs. Dog Opinion Writing
- The BEST Candy Opinion Writing
- My Spooky Story Narrative Writing
- Pumpkins Informative Writing
- Bats Informative Writing
- My Family's Thanksgiving Personal Informative Writing
- How to Catch a Turkey Informative/How To Writing
- Turkey Escape Imaginative Narrative Writing
- Bonus: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Informative Writing Project
- Letter To Santa Opinion Writing
- My Night on the Polar Express Narrative Writing
- How to Catch an Elf Informative/How To Writing
- Love Monster Informative Writing
- The Sweetest Person Opinion Writing
- The Best Part of Me Opinion Writing
- Book Review Opinion Writing
- Animal Research Project (3 weeks of Informative Writing)
- Magazine Writing Project (4 week cumulative project - opinion, narrative, informative, how to, letter writing and more)
- Hey Little Ant Opinion Writing Project
- Insect Report Informative Writing
- A Buggy Life Narrative Writing
Please open the preview file to see exactly what is included. Please ask all questions before purchasing.
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.