Book walking is a foundational element of reading.
It always surprises me how many students do not know how to do a book walk! Book walking is a foundational element of reading.
Don't let your students miss out on the amazing opportunties that book walks offer.
* Understand the main idea or topic
* Identify letters and Tier II or Tier III words
* The setting
* The time period
* The author's perspective
* Identify the problem in the story
* Identify the character or key players
* Make predictions
* Make inferences and draw conclusions
and much more!!