How to draw animals for informative writing in grades K – 1.
• How to draw animals using shapes you know
• 8 Farm animals and 14 Forest animals
• How to modify the shapes you know to draw each animal
• How to draw a sheep, cow, horse, goat, pig, chicken, duck, chick, and farm setting
• How to draw a bear, deer, fox, raccoon, skunk, rabbit, squirrel, mouse, frog, newt, bird, owl, bee, butterfly, and forest setting
• How to draw a habitat (poster)
• How to write about your animals: Sentence Starters Poster
• Farm Habitat, Forest Habitat (labeled and unlabeled)
THIS RESOURCE IS NOT CLIP ART. It is designed to help kids learn how to draw.
• Writing paper with 1, 3, 5, or 10 lines and a large picture box
• Animals for puppets, art work, or easy-to-read pattern books.
• Differentiation Tips for ELL, RTI, TAG, and Modalities
• Use as an assessment for labeling
• Glue into writer’s notebook for easy reference
• Print or enlarge for class poster
• Open on a SMARTboard for phonics lessons in labeling drawings
• “I can…” Learning Target on every instructional page
• Tech Tip: you may open this PDF on a Smartboard for full class viewing, and write on it using Smartboard pens
To see Previews for the Animal Packets included in this Bundle:
How to Draw Farm Animals
How to Draw Forest Animals
You may also be interested in more of the How to Draw Series:
How to Draw People and Familiar Objects for Narrative Writing
I hope you enjoy this How to Draw Animals Packet…and if you would kindly leave your rating and feedback at
it would be greatly appreciated!
***** BONUS: You will get free credits to spend at TPT when you leave feedback *****
Thank you for your purchase!
© 2016 Renee Dawn
For use by one teacher per classroom; please respect the copyright.