Create Independent Writing Centers and Teach Students How to Make Books!
All children love to draw animals and make books using these prepared writing center templates! Give children blank books, simple step-by-step drawing guides and sentence models such as “I see the…” Teach them to write My Book, by, and the end for the final page. Encourage students to fancy up their pages and do quality work.
Here are two free templates to help you decide you this product meets your needs.
This Independent Writing Center kit includes:
· Children Love to Draw and Make Books All Year Long 16-page Instructional Power
Guide (64 slides: print 4 to a page as PDF)
· 11 step-by-step guided drawing models including Common Core procedural
language. Choose between two formats (one with single word and one with a
· Writing models for 4 high-frequency sentences and words
· Additional sentence models for book making
· “I for Independence” chart
· Volunteer information chart
· Student Guide to Assembling Rubber Band Books
· Independent Writing Center Totes: 10 Steps for Success
· How to Make Blank Rubber Band Books and Folded Books
· Teaching with the ELA Common Core Standards in Mind
· Dancing with Differentiation Guide
· The Best Ways to Talk to Kindergartners About Their Writing
· Exclamation Words for Speech Bubbles
· Writing Tote Labels
· Samples of student “the end” pages to inspire your writers
This is one of 5 Independent Writing Center kits that build fluency and stamina with high-frequency “heart word” sentences.
Want to learn more? Read the Nellie Edge Blog! 10 Steps to Success: Independent Writing Center Totes
Do not purchase if you have already purchased the Kindergarten Writing Templates Bundle. All 5 of the updated Independent Writing Center kits will be added in 2019.