Also included in
- I have bundled together over 120 resources that I developed over the past 10 years. Based on my 29 years of clinical experience, I chose these tried-and-true tools for school-based or private practice pediatric OTs working in a variety of settings, including virtual, in-home, clinic-based, and schooPrice $355.99Original Price $568.81Save $212.82
Over many years of teaching children early drawing, pre-writing and handwriting, I have found that there is a particular foolproof order of instruction.
First: Children need to be able to imitate fine motor actions.
Second: They need to be able to follow dot cues to form early lines and shapes.
Third: They learn to look ahead to where they want their pencil to go without the dots to make consistent, recognizable shapes. They first learn to do this when they can look at the shape they want to draw as a model.
Fourth: They need to learn the shape so well that they can draw them without needing to see an example.
This process starts with early lines in preschool and continues until children reach mastery in first or second grade. This resource is designed to help your young learners no matter where they are in the process.
* Four levels of instruction for simple lines (vertical, horizontal, circle, and a plus).
* Four levels of instruction for 12 shapes including (circle, semi-circle, square, rectangle, oval, heart, triangle, diamond, trapezoid, pentagon, hexagon, and a five-pointed star).
* Teachers Guide.
* Pre and Post Test with easy to use criteria and tally sheet.
* Guide for the use of drawing to meet Common Core State Standards.
* Sample IEP goals and objectives that this resource covers.
* 48 Page resource to meet the needs of diverse learners.
You may also be interested in:
Freebies and Discounts!
Follow Print Path on TeachersPayTeachers.com to stay updated on discounts and freebies. New products will be offered for free on occasion or discounted at up to 50% for the first 24 hours.
Comments... Love 'Em!!
Your feedback brightens my day and helps me to continually improve Print Path products. If you download this product, I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a comment. If you are not entirely satisfied with a resource that you have purchased, please email me, info@PrintPath.org. Thanks!!
You can print unlimited copies for you and your students. However, you may not distribute copies to friends or fellow teachers.