How to draw people and familiar objects for narrative writing in grades K – 1.
• How to draw people using shapes you know
• How to draw faces
• How to draw character traits and emotions
• How to draw gestures
• How to draw gestures with matching talking bubbles
• Poster: Indoors I see a … (labeled and unlabeled)
• Poster: Outdoors I see a … (labeled and unlabeled)
• Writing paper with 3 lines or 5 lines and borders
THIS RESOURCE IS NOT CLIP ART. It is designed to help kids learn how to draw.
> Glue into writer’s notebook for easy reference
> Enlarge for class poster
> Open on SMARTboard for phonics lessons in labeling drawings
Writer’s Workshop lessons list, 2 full lessons, and posters
Common Core Aligned for K – 1, with “I can…” Learning Target and CCSS on every instructional page
• Tips for ELL, RTI, TAG
• Tech Tip: you may open this PDF on a Smartboard for full class viewing, and write on it using Smartboard pens
How to Draw Series:
How to Draw Farm Animals
How to Draw Forest Animals
How to Draw Animals Bundle
I hope you enjoy this How to Draw Packet…and if you would kindly leave your rating and feedback at
it would be greatly appreciated!
***** BONUS: You will get free credits to spend at TPT when you leave feedback *****
Thank you for your purchase!
© 2016 Renee Dawn
For use by one teacher per classroom; please respect the copyright.